Bring a traditional email account into Gmail.
Some of you may be doing these already, but I bet there is at least one nugget here to save you money or be more productive.
Gmail is email made great
If you want a secure easy to access email account across any device, there is no other option then Gmail. Runs natively in your favourite web browser no matter what operating system you use and has secure, reliable apps for Apple and Android phones. Best of all it can be integrated many tools (more on this in week 8).
You would already know Gmail as just the free resource that allows you to have a free email like [email protected]
and more email storage then you will ever need.
This is cool but isn’t very professional. If you already have a domain like us www.dreamflex.com, you would want to have your [email protected]
Now there are two ways to get your name at your domain as a usable email address in Gmail.
1. You can buy for Google Apps Gmail pro from Google. Which while great value costs money, so we can’t endorse this as a Free hack or secret.
2. We can bring your personal email into Gmail as though it were a desktop based email client like Outlook and Apple mail. The best part this will sync to your Gmail mobile app.
Here’s how you do it.
Firstly you will need to have set up your custom email with your host, and it can’t be an exchange email (Microsoft email). In this instance, you would be best served to use Microsoft exchange. It is not free but time efficient.
Tip for creating a Gmail. Use your company name @gmail.com
Please complete on a desktop.
1. Log in to Gmail
2. Select the gear icon in the top right-hand corner
3. Select settings
4. From the tabs across the top. Click into Accounts and Imports
5. In this screen, we will add your email. We need to add your email in two places.